L'OISEAU DE FEU NECKLACE
YELLOW GOLD, FIRE OPAL, SAPPHIRES, DIAMONDS, JADE, CARNELIAN, LACQUER, SILK AND GOLD BRAIDING
- 18K yellow gold
- 1 pear cut fire opal 1.46 carat
- 4 pear cut orange sapphires for 1.73 carat
- 54 round diamonds for 1.16 carat (HSI quality)
- 54 hand-engraved white jade beads (diameter 9mm)
- 41 orange carnelian beads (diameter: 10,1mm)
- Black jade
- Hand-braided black silk and yellow gold thread
- Black and orange lacquer
L'Oiseau de Feu draws its inspiration from the heart of the eponymous ballet. The costume of the title role, designed by Léon Bakst, had inspired René Lalique to create a glass sculpture in 1922. Today, a fine jewellery ornament reinterprets this flamboyant costume through the brilliance of yellow gold, orange sapphire or fire opal.
This collection is presented in collaboration with the Paris Opera.