L'OISEAU DE FEU EARRINGS, LARGE
YELLOW GOLD, SAPPHIRES, DIAMONDS, FIRE OPALS, JADE, CARNELIAN, LACQUER
- 18K yellow gold
- 2 pear cut fire opals for 3.22 carats
- 2 pear cut orange sapphires for 1.18 carats
- 50 round diamonds for 1.49 carat (HSI quality)
- 2 orange carnelian beads (diameter: 12mm)
- 4 engraved white jade beads
- Black jade
L'Oiseau de Feu draws its inspiration from the heart of the eponymous ballet. The costume of the title role, designed by Léon Bakst, had inspired René Lalique to create a glass sculpture in 1922. Today, a fine jewellery ornament reinterprets this flamboyant costume through the brilliance of yellow gold, orange sapphire or fire opal.
This collection is presented in collaboration with the Paris Opera.